Posted: Aug 28, 2020
APPLY

Small Engine Mechanic (August - November)

Melwood - Greenbelt, MD
Temporary
Salary: $20.48 Hourly
Application Deadline: N/A
Nonprofit

INTRODUCTION

  • This position will be located in Greenbelt, MD 
  • This is a Seasonal position from July 1, 2020 - November 30, 2020
  • Starting pay is $20.49 per hour
  • Working hours are 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday through Friday
  • Valid drivers license is required (pre-employment driving records check will be required)
  • Pre-employment background checks and drug testing is required

The Seasonal Small Engine Mechanic is responsible for servicing, maintaining, diagnosing and repairing all mowing and small equipment within Landscape services and Contract Services department. This will include repairs to all systems including hydraulic, power trains and electrical.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Responsible for the servicing, maintaining, diagnosing and repairing of all small engine equipment in Landscape Services. The incumbent is responsible for services and repair of a wide variety of equipment such as power mower, tractors, line -trimmers, chainsaws, and edgers
  • Responsible for diagnosis of materials and parts needed for repairs, advising the Assistant Project Manager what is in need for procurement
  • Adheres to contract site visit schedule as determined in conjunction with Project Manager. Communicates with the Project Manager on a daily basis with updates of scheduling and daily activities and submits a weekly report to Project Manager in approved format
  • Ensures a safe, clean and organized work area is maintained at all times. *6. Implement a daily program for preventative maintenance at each contract site, identifying needs, completing necessary repairs and reporting major repair to supervisor
  • Responsible for maintaining an inventory control system for maintenance tools and supplies and providing periodic guidance on current and future needs
  • Performs emergency repair service
  • Completes all paperwork for equipment changes and repair
  • Responsible for being knowledgeable about ensures rights of all staff and individuals served are upheld
  • Must maintain a large degree of flexibility in carrying our work throughout the day
  • Performs snow/ice removal as needed based upon the weather
  • Performs other duties as assigned.

PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS

  • The incumbent must be able to stand or walk 60% of the work time and drive and or sit the remaining 40% of the work time
  • Must be able to lift/carry/push/pull 80 pounds
  • S/he must be able to climb, stoop, kneel and reach in order to accomplish work duties
  • Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, staff, co-workers, etc
  • Must possess good vision and depth perception in order to inspect work areas

QUALIFICATIONS

  • Requires a minimum of three (3) years directly related work experience and strong mechanical skills
  • Must maintain a large degree of flexibility in carrying out work throughout the day and be able to work in a fast paced environment
  • Valid drivers license is required (pre-employment driving records check will be required)
 

Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities