Native Forest Nursery
Native Forest Nursery (NFN) is seeking qualified applicants for an Operations Manager. This is a key position within the organization with significant upward mobility potential for the right person. This position is responsible for all aspects of the nursery operation including production, P&L, safety, sales and personnel management. This position is ideal for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to step into a leadership role in an established business that has and continues to experience rapid growth.
About Native Forest Nursery
Native Forest Nursery is a wholesale grower of native trees and shrubs. We grow approximately 7 million bare root seedings annually and produce over 150,000 container plants annually in #1, #3, #5 and #7 sized air pruning containers. In addition, we produce around 30,00 field grown liners annually. Species diversity is key to our success and we grow well over 100 different species of trees and shrubs across our product lines. Our products serve the horticulture, reforestation, mitigation and reclamation industries among others.
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain professional appearance personally and across all facets of the operation
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Personnel management experience
- College degree in natural resource related field or business-related field is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required
- Proven leadership experience
- Self-motivated and determined to succeed
- Experience with inventory management and shipping
- Experience with sales and marketing
- Basic knowledge of accounting, P&L, and associated software
- Strong customer service philosophy and experience is required
- Willingness to work longer hours during seasonal cycles of heavy workload is required
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage crop production staff to successfully hit crop production targets
- Manage inventory, logistics and office staff to ensure these functions are being carried out successfully
- Assume lead role in sales, marketing and strategic sourcing
- Assume final responsibility for staffing levels and personnel management, including applications for H2 visa workers
- Responsible for product pricing, market intelligence, annual crop production planning
- Ensure that all staff work together during seasonal cycles of work requiring crossover between departments
- Ensure nursery assets are well maintained and cared for including property, buildings, vehicles and equipment
- Provide pro-active mentality over all facets of the business
- Must be able to rapidly develop an understanding of key markets, customers, vendors and products
- Servant leader who is willing to work alongside employees during periods of heavy workflow
- Salaried exempt position.
- Company benefits for fulltime employees includes health care reimbursement (company plans available), paid holidays, paid vacation, IRA and paid sick/personal days.
- Target salary range in $80,000 to $100,000 annually and is commensurate with skills and experience.
- Must be willing to relocate to the Chatsworth, GA area.
To apply please send resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to [email protected] . We are located at the foot of Blue Ridge mountains in Chatsworth, GA. Learn more at www.nativeforestnursery.com .