General Laborer/Install Crew
Aquatic Resource Restoration Company (ARRC) specializes in providing turnkey design/build services for wetland mitigation, stream restoration, and storm water projects.
Reports To: The General Laborer will report to Construction Foreman and Plant Crew Foreman.
Job Overview: We are looking for a full-time, experienced, and responsible general laborer to join our construction crew. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting contractors, operating machinery, and to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. A strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential. The candidate can expect to work outdoors in a mix of weather conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow project instructions from foreman or supervisor
- Must be able to read construction plans.
- Operate equipment to dig, load, unload, and install trees and plant material in all types of terrain and soils, including wetlands, hill slopes, and stream banks.
- Install sediment control and stabilization, measures planting trees and shrubs, and installing erosion control matting.
- Assist construction crew on jobs by spreading straw, seed, and fertilizer as well as installing coir logs next to streams.
- Assist nursery crew by digging, cutting, and transplanting seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs
- Working in the nursery and greenhouses.
- Safely operate a variety of tools including hand tools, chainsaws, and miscellaneous power tools.
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment, including following all construction site safety rules and procedures.
- High School or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships is a plus
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work out of town, leaving Monday and returning Friday. Meals and lodging are provided.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- DOT Physical completed by 90 days
- Must be able to follow directions and complete tasks independently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds