Aquatic Resource Restoration Company (ARRC) specializes in providing turnkey design/build services for wetland mitigation, stream restoration, and storm water projects.
Reports To: The Equipment Operator will report to Construction Foreman, Plant Crew Forman, and Project Manager(s).
Job Overview: We are looking for a full-time, experienced, and responsible equipment operator to join our growing company. Working as part of the construction crew building and restoring streams and wetland projects using such methods as stream bank stabilization, floodplain restoration, regenerative storm water conveyance, and wetland mitigation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow project instructions from foreman or supervisor, reading construction plans,
- Must be able to read construction plans.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to Construction Foreman and Project Managers
- Operate heavy construction equipment & trucks such as excavators, track trucks, bulldozers, rubber tire loaders, compact track loaders, tractors and attachments for equipment.
- Install stream & wetland stabilization structures such as boulder & log installation, rock cross vanes, boulder crops & outcrops toe, boulder clusters, rock & log J hooks, step pools, toe wood, etc.
- Safely operate a variety of tools including hand tools, chainsaws, and miscellaneous power tools.
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- Assist team members checking grade of construction
- Sediment control and stabilization, planting trees and shrubs, and installing erosion control matting.
- High School or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships is a plus
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work out of town, leaving Monday and returning Friday. Meals and lodging are provided.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- DOT Physical completed by 90 days
- Must be able to follow directions and complete tasks independently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Yearly Boot Allowance
- Employee Discount on Plant Material & Landscape supplies