Plant Crew Foreman
Aquatic Resource Restoration Company (ARRC) specializes in providing turnkey design/build services for wetland mitigation, stream restoration, and storm water projects.
Plant Crew Foreman Reports To: Project Manager(s), Construction Foreman, and Nursery Manager.
Job Overview: We are looking for a full-time, experienced, and responsible Plant Crew Foreman to join our team. The Plant Crew Foreman will oversee the General Laborer/Install Crew Members and assist in planting trees and shrubs, assist on construction sites, and assist in the nursery/propagation areas. The candidate can expect to work outdoors in a mix of weather conditions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise a team of 3-4 General Laborer/Install Crew members and manage plantings on projects
- Approving timesheets, manage receipt submittals for Accounting, and complete truck miles booklet for DOT
- Read and interpret plan sets to complete projects according to client guidelines and deadlines
- Organize materials and equipment needed to perform tasks in an efficient manner
- Anticipate problems and coordinate with Native Nursery staff to gather inventory needs for upcoming projects
- Operate equipment to dig, load, unload, and install trees and plant material
- Load/unload potted plants, large trees, tree tubes, stakes, and equipment
- Dig holes of varying sizes depending on the type of plant in all types of terrain and soils, including wetlands, hill slopes, and stream banks.
- Assist construction crew on jobs by spreading straw, seed and fertilizer as well as installing matting and coir logs next to streams.
- Assist nursery crew by digging, cutting, and transplanting seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs
- Properly store and handle all equipment, tools, etc.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment, including following all construction site safety rules and procedures.
- High School or equivalent educational experience.
- Must have experience leading a crew
- Must have experience in landscaping or grounds maintenance
- Experience in a construction setting is a plus
- Must be able to work out of town, leaving Monday and returning Friday. Meals and lodging are provided.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- DOT Physical completed by 90 days
- Must be able to follow directions and complete tasks independently
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds